Washington Mortgage Bankers Association
2020 Annual Scholarship Fund
Deadline is June 1, 2020
The Washington Mortgage Bankers Association is pleased to offer an academic collegiate scholarship for the dependents of WMBA Member Company employees.
The WMBA Scholarship fund is an Annual Scholarship available to dependents of persons employed full-time by a WMBA member organization. This year we have a minimum of $2,000 in scholarship funds available. We continue to raise funds through the year and will announce at a later date the total scholarships available.
If you want to pledge additional funds as a Member Award to the WMBA Scholarship fund please email Sharon Knowles at email@example.com
Please scroll down to view the eligibility requirements for the scholarship.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship.
- Is a dependent of a full‐time WMBA Member Company employee.
- Is a citizen of the United States of America.
- WMBA Member Company employee’s work location is in Washington State.
- Has a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Is enrolled full‐time in an US high‐school, has graduated from a U.S. high school or has obtained their U.S. GED at the time of application (attach transcripts or official record)
Recipients will be selected by the WMBA Scholarship Committee based on application materials provided. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by June 15, 2020. Payment will be made to the recipient’s school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines.
Purpose of Scholarship
To provide financial assistance to a student with an interest in pursuing continuing education in any field.
4 scholarships for $500.
Additional WMBA Member Scholarship Awards to be announced as well.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION:
Please complete all sections, and gather your paperwork including transcripts, letters of recommendation, and any other supporting documents in to ONE APPLICATION PACKAGE, and scan into a SINGLE PDF FILE for submission to us in the same order as listed here in the application.
Please assemble your package prior to scanning in the following order;
- Completed application form.
- Typed, One page Essay on a topic of your own or as suggested.
- Signed letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach or other adult who is not an immediate relative. These should not be forwarded emails but actual letters, letterhead recommended.
- Copy of high school transcript.
Please do not send in your documents as separate attachments or one at a time.
It is highly recommended that any letters of recommendations be just that; a letter on letterhead, signed by the individual offering you a recommendation. Emails and/or word docs attached without letterhead and signature are given little weight for your consideration.
Lastly, typed or handwritten applications are both acceptable.
However, if you are handwriting your application, please take extra care to make sure your email address and other important information is legible.
Emailed applications are preferred but you may also submit your application by mail.
Allow sufficient time for mail to arrive.
Submission deadline is June 1, 2020 to be received by WMBA, not postmarked by June 1, 2020.
Thank you for applying and feel free to contact Chairman Sharon Knowles, 206-321-4221 if you have any questions prior to submitting your application.
We want to help in any way we can to see that you are considered for our scholarships.