By becoming a member of the WMBA, you are aligning yourself and your business to the highest standards of excellence and integrity in the mortgage industry. Further, you understand the value mortgage banking brings to the community, and through networking/information exchange, quest for higher education, expertise and professionalism, and charitable giving you establish yourself and your business as industry and community leaders.
Through participation in the WMBA our volunteers and active members better serve our clients and our local community.
The Washington Mortgage Bankers Association is an affiliate of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA). Although the WMBA is an affiliate of the MBA, memberships of these two organizations are separate.
To find out why it is beneficial to be a member of both the MBA and the WMBA go here
Membership benefits include:
- Your company logo on the WMBA website
- A link to your website from the WMBA site
- Discounts for dinner meetings and special events
- Become well connected in the mortgage banking industry
- Support of low-income housing initiatives in our community
- Keeping current on lending community news
- Tie into the mortgage banking community at the national level through WMBA
- Enjoy MBA discounts, for more information go here
Please note that all new members must be sponsored by a current WMBA member for one year.
The WMBA fiscal year starts September 1. Dues include logo and link on WMBA website and listing in the WMBA Roster.
- WMBA General Members: Corporations, state banks, national banking associations, credit unions, state and federal savings and loan associations, savings banks partnerships and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, professional service entities, and sole proprietorships that are engaged in the origination, sale, or servicing of real estate mortgage loans. $1,495 for one year of membership.
- WMBA Associate Members: Corporations, partnerships and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, professional service entities, and sole proprietorships that are not engaged in the origination, sale, or servicing of real estate mortgage loans but that are otherwise involved with or provide resources or services to mortgage lenders. $995 for one year of membership.
Included in your dues is $448, which is attributable to lobbying expenses and, as such, is not deductible. The WMBA is a 501 c 6, and your dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution.
For more information contact our Membership Chair Jeannine Sprague