About the WMBA
The Washington Mortgage Bankers Association is THE voice of the mortgage industry community in Washington State. The WMBA exists to educate, connect, and inspire our members, clients, and partners to engage, advocate, and positively impact the communities we live and serve in.
The Washington Mortgage Bankers Association is an affiliate of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA). A national association representing the entire real estate finance industry, the MBA is an influential voice for real estate finance, leading the charge to create a sustainable and vibrant future for all industry participants. The MBA partners with industry leaders and stakeholders with different perspectives to develop innovative solutions to critical industry challenges, and enable members to prosper through impactful education, research, information and events. Although the WMBA is an affiliate of the MBA, memberships of these two organizations are separate.
The WMBA is organized under the provisions of the nonprofit laws of the State of Washington and shall engage in, and be operated exclusively for, such business league purposes and activities as are permitted by Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”), including but not limited to:
- Encouraging investments in real estate mortgage loans.
- Encouraging the use by investors of the services of members of the Association.
- Promoting real estate mortgage investments and the use of the services of members by educational activities, publicity activities, and cooperation with civic, business, professional, and other organizations.
- Conducting and promoting networking opportunities for those within the mortgage lending community.
- Educating and promoting education about mortgage products and mortgage lending.
- Entering into research work involving the study of economic conditions, mortgage laws and regulations, and other matters involving, directly or indirectly, real estate mortgage loan investments.
- Studying, researching, and providing factual information on existing law and proposed legislation affecting real estate mortgage loan investments, and the servicing thereof, within the State of Washington.
- Representing the Association before the courts and the state legislature regarding legal and legislative issues affecting the Association’s membership.
- Employing attorneys, accountants, corporations, or others to enter into said research and educational work and such work as may be designated by the Association to accomplish some or all of the foregoing purposes.
Entering into any activity not prohibited by law which the Association considers necessary in the promotion of any of the foregoing purposes or any activity considered in the best interest of the Association.
The Association shall not engage, other than to an insubstantial degree, in activities that are not in furtherance of its purposes. The Association shall not be authorized to issue stock.